Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Moisturize,Seal, Protective Style....Rinse and Repeat

I am happy to report that I have been holding steady with my "new and improved" regimen.  Instead of focusing on growth, I am working on retaining and caring for my hair.  Recently, I adapted the following regimen:

  • Washing (with a sulfate free shampoo) once a week
  • Deep Conditioning/Steaming Once a Week
  • Keeping my hair is braids/cornrows under a wig or instant weave for one week

This has been working pretty well for me.  I can admit that my hair ADD is getting the best of me.  I am growing tired of the same ole look with my instant weaves.  I was really wanting a sew in...but don't want to depart from my regimen.  This lead to the creation of my first U part wig.  I made the wig and cut it in a bob style.  I could have done a better job with the combs and the cap is a little big...but overall I am pleased.

A little more about my regimen, what makes it work so well is HOW my hair is braided.  I pray each piece of hair with a mixture of braid spray and infusium 2, coat it with a deep conditioner and an oil.  When I finally take my braids down at the end  of the week...super moisturized hair.  Have to love it!

When I started this journey, my hair was shedding really bad.  I have started using Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment once every other week.  A month later, I barely see any shed hair after being braided for a week! How great is that?!

Pictures of my U Part Wig coming soon...in the meantime...here is a sneak peek!

No comments: