Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Year Post Big Chop! My Reflections...

(My hair a month or so before I did the big chop a year ago)

So tomorrow will mark one year since I have cut off my relaxed ends. I can not believe it has been a year. I am reluctant to take pictures because since the BC I have cut my hair twice and I fear that I will be discouraged by my length.

My thoughts...one year later.
I love being natural. My only regret is that I did not transition and stick with it sooner. I am STILL learning my hair but I have identified some products that work well for me.

What I would do different
Looking back...I would have transition YEARS ago. My transition was very plesant. As I have mentioned I used protective styles and weaves as my staple while transitioning. The only thing I would change...I wish I had discovered Henna and Amla sooner. But other than that, my transition was very pleasant.

Favorite products for my natural hair
Over this past year I have experimented ALLOT. My fav products thus far are:
Dulhan Henna
Reshma Henna
Hesh Amla
Tresseme Conditioner
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Fantascia IC Gel
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask
DevaCurl One Condition

Favorite style
I thought I would enjoy straight styles more than textured styles. Currently my favorite style is my puff. It is so easy and it looks good. I would love to wear more twisted styles as my hair grows longer... I also look forward to doing more braids outs soon. The only thing stopping me...is laziness. :-)

Well...that's it for now. I have neglected my blog and I promise to come back and update more. I have LOTS to share. :-)