Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weight Loss Update

So, I have less than 30 days until my cruise. I recently decided to get very serious about my weightloss. Not only because of the cruise, but because I have a closet full of clothing that I can not fit.

How do I plan to lose this weight? Two ways, weight watchers and working out. I recently joined a local gym. The facitlity is REALLY nice and has an awesome childcare center as well as several activities for my son. One of my biggest challenges in working out is childcare. My son is 8 and can not accompany me on the treadmill. I love that my new guy has a childcare center than is open until 9 on most nights. They also have swimming lesions for the little one and se veral other activities he can enjoy while mom is working it out.

Weight Watchers
The beast. While many make it look terribly aeasy, the truth is, it isn’t. Why isn’t it easy? Because weight watchers is not a crash diet or a quick little diet that helps you lose so many pounds. Weight watchers is a lifestyle change and it takes some time to get acclimated to things.

I am starting my third week on weight watchers and my fourth week of working on (second week in the gym…first two I was doing it the old fashioned way outside). So far my progress is as follows:

Weight Loss: 2.8 pounds
Inches lost: 2 inches from waist

I have not been consistent with measuring anything but my waist. Maybe when things get good and my clothes start fitting better I will be more detailed with my stats. For now, this is it Jack! 


Biggest Challenges for this week:
Limiting my WINE and MARGARITA intake (a girl is stressed)
Finding a better way to deal with Stress
Keeping SUGAR out of my mouth (evil cupcakes and gummy bears)

No comments: