Saturday, February 14, 2009

Book Review: The Best of Everything...Kimberla Lawson Roby

I darn near had a heart attack when I saw this book at Walmart. So I picked it up and here are my thoughts.


Kimberla introduces Alica Black Sullivan in this book. Alica, the oldest daughter of the infamous Curtis Black, is all grown up and a newly wed. This book tells about her struggles as a newly wed and how her past contributes to that.

Overall I think this was an OK book. Maybe it is because I have read ALL Roby's books and I expect a little more. The book left me wanting more. A few of the things mentioned in the book did not make any sense to me when considering her story line. I would have liked to see her deal more with what Alicia's issues were that resulted in the problem that she has currently. That did not happen. In this book it was just drama and more drama...but no real resolutions. A few parts of it were also unrealistic. I guess I just expect allot out of Roby. All in all....on a scale of 1 to 10 this book gets a 5. It just did not move me.

No comments: