Monday, July 13, 2009

10 Reasons that I am glad I am Natural

So, one of my friends is considering transitioning. We have been on the phone for hours over the past few days. I tell all new transitioners the same thing. You need to:
1. Determine WHY you are transitioning. It is easier when you are able to remind yourself WHY you are doing this. For me, it was to obtain healthier and thicker hair.

2. Find some natural hair inspirations in real life AND online. I found people who had hair like mine and I STALKED their hair albums. These pictures really helped me on those days that I felt like relaxing.

With that being said, I decided to list reasons that I am GLAD that I am natural.

1. I can wash my hair and leave the house 10 minutes later.
2. I don't have to spend all day in the salon.
3. No more chemical burns.
4. Most of the styles that I wear do not require rollers. :-)
5. If it rains....I can just restyle my hair and be ok.
6. I don't carry an umbrella!
7. I stand out. My hair is usually different from most folks in the room.
8. If I have a good time dancing, viola....a PUFF!
9. If I decide to go and get my hair straightened, the cost of services in a salon is MUCH cheaper.
10. I have MUCH more versatility.

There are tons more...but I typed this off the top of my head. :-)

2 comments:

SandyCoils said...

Amen!

OMB said...

amen to number 2!!!!!
I'm also glad that I don't have to spend my entire morning in the salon!!!!!