Thursday, July 9, 2009

Quest for the perfect Braid out: Part 2 ** PIcs added**

ALMOST there!

I tried it AGAIN last night and it worked!
Well it worked well enough for me to wear it to work. I will post pics and details later today!

OK details and pics...

Thanks to LAQUITA for suggesting Twist and Loc Gel! :-)

K...I conditioner washed with Olive Oil Replishing Conditioner
Sectioned my hair into ONE in the back and two front ponys.
Moisturized each section with Sheamoisture Leave in...
Added Grape Seed Oil to the ends...
In the back I had 8 flat twists....four on each side.
I rubbed Twist and Loc (or Loc and Twist hell I can't remember..LOL) on each section before twisting.
I put a clip at the base of each flat twist (think neck line) and one at the end of the twist (to elongate) and sat under the dryer for about 35 to 45 minutes...
Laid down and went to bed....

Overall...it came out good. MUCH better than the past. There IS room for improvement...but I am getting somewhere! I am redoing it this weekend! Oh and my hair is SOFT with MEGA body!

Negative points:
Right side is MUCH looser curl wise so it looks wopsided...
Curls not as defined in the back as I would like...perhaps I will split the back of my head into a top half and a bottom half...

At any rate...here are a few photos.
Keep in mind...this is my FIRST successful twist out... I will redo this weekend after I henna and I am hoping each time gets better. :-)

***Drum Roll*** LOL





2 comments:

Laquita said...

Congrats! - Can't wait to see those pictures :o)

Anonymous said...

Ur hair looks absolutely beautiful so if u improve anymore it wud look hot!