Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Experiment: Do regular trims make hair grow faster?



I have been a little distraught for the past couple of days. I decided to straighten my hair and see what I was working with. Well I was very dissappointed. My ends were HORRIBLE. I ended up cutting an inch at home, then going to Super Cuts the next day and getting a professional trim. Because I wear my hair curly 90% of the time, I really did not think I had to worry about split ends. Boy was I wrong. I vowed that I would not clip my ends until I reached my first goal of APL. Well unfortuntely, I would not continue on with those plans.

After getting my ends trimmed and being very unhappy with my hair, I have decided to trim once every 6 to 8 weeks going forward. I refuse to continue allowing split ends to rob me of my hard earned progress. So...I will check back in after 8 weeks, which will be the second week of September. I will take a before pic(can't promise that I will post it now...it depresses me) and an after. After 3 or 4 trims I will revisit. Do regular trims aide in healthy hair growth? What do you think?

3 comments:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

Hey there,

I never understood how people could go years without dusting their ends because my start feeling weird between 8 to 12 weeks.

I've always believed that dead ends could cause problems with health strands so I've always chopped them off.

Ton of HotPinkDelicacy said...

Well, I know now that if I want healthy hair, I HAVE to trim. Curious to see if I actually retain more length by doing it this way.

Anonymous said...

Cutting your hair doesn't make it grow faster. It may help you keep the hair you have already (by preventing breakage, split ends, etc.) but your hair grows from your hair roots.
I love your hair though. I'm not sure if I have the time to be natural, but I'm toying with the idea. I'm in box braids at the moment.